It’s that time of year again for the college students to head off to school—this can be exciting, but also nerve racking. Help ease their minds and get them prepared for the year with some fun gift ideas from Dawn Bryan, founder of The Qualipedia.
Fund Their New Expenses:
- Coin bank filled with quarters for laundry or parking meters
- Car parking fee for the first semester
- Gift certificate to school bookstore for books and supplies
- Coupons for local carwash
- Gift certificate to a shopping website or local store for bedding and other linens
- Footlocker or chest for storage, which can also be used as a table
- Laundry bag with supply of detergents
- Cooking basics, such as frying pan, knives, and mixing bowls
- Subscription to hometown newspaper or magazine
- Framed photos of loved ones and friends
- Calendar marked with birthdays, anniversaries, etc. of family and friends
- Season (or single) tickets to school games
- Passes to local driving range, movie house, or concert
- Membership to a local museum, sports club, or gym
- First shares of stock, along with a subscription to investor news
Going off to college is a big transition for anyone, but with these thoughtful and fun gift ideas you’ll surely make your favorite student’s transition much easier.
Happy back to school shopping from The Qualipedia!