Outdoor Entertaining Survival Guide
Summer is finally here and with it brings the coveted outdoor entertaining season. Dawn Bryan, founder of The Qualipedia, offers some basic summer party hosting tips that will also turn your outdoor event into a spectacular evening.
- Arrange guests in small comfortable groups, to foster mingling (this can be done with small tables or even over-sized grass blankets with filled baskets anchoring the corners)
- Offer fun water toys/floats for parties with a pool
- Enhance ground seating with rugs, pillows, or blankets
- Serve up a rain date on the invite so there is always a contingency plan
- Arrange food by this order: entrees, sides, salads, bread, butter, and condiments, and always prepare extra portions
- Provide enough extra dishes and silverware for second helpings to be enjoyed on clean dishes
- Position the drink table away from the buffet to avoid traffic jams
- Offer leftovers in take-away containers, especially to guests who have children
- Create a signature theme with a recipe, color, music, or games
- Send guests home with a gift bag that relates to your theme (example: if your party theme is 4th of July, find some sparklers and ring pops with a note attached saying “let freedom ring” to fill each goody bag!)
- In your gift bag, include a take home bagel or Danish for Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast
Above all be sure you feel comfortable, look great, and are ready to have a fantastic time!
Have a wonderful Summer from www.thequalipedia.com!